Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 3 (Feb 2-6)

Not much to report about the school week. The topic for most of the week was actually clothing and fashion which was pretty interesting.

All this week for lunch there was this big event happening in HHK, the Vesperkirche was providing lunch for one Euro all week. It was in part of the building called "Stein Haus" literally stone house, which it was called because for a very long time it was the only building in the village of Horb made out of stone. But anyway, you go in, pay a Euro and they give you four little raffle-looking tickets, that you redeemed for food, drink, coffee, and dessert. And the food was really good! 

It was mostly a group of old church ladies doing the serving, and they were almost aggressively nice. I got up to put my tray away and this woman practically ripped it from my hands. I told her it was no problem, I could put it away and she smiled fiercely and practically whispered "I've got it!!" That was basically the highlight of the week, having cheap food right downstairs.

Excursion this weekend: Konstanz. A little town right near Switzerland on the biggest lake in Germany.

No comments: